Advantages and Disadvantages of Concrete Flooring and its Repair Needs
Concrete is one of the best flooring ideas for any purpose especially for automotive and industrial purposes it is the best one because of its durability. Beyond that, there are many more advantages that concrete flooring possesses.
- Concrete flooring has better stiffness parameters hence when the pressure is applied then the floor will not deflect its position and has the capacity to bear that. Hence this is suitable for many applications.
- Construction of concrete flooring is so easy and can able to complete the flooring in a quick time. The setting time for concrete is also very less. That, recently the technology made it possible of installing the pre-casting flooring. The flooring can be made somewhere using the casting methods and that can be installed anywhere it is needed immediately. It saves further the time to construct the floor.
- Possessing the thermal mass is another advantage for concrete flooring so that the energy needed for the thermal comfort inside the room will be reduced.
- The floor made up of concrete is water resistant hence it will not absorb that and is efficient to dampness resistance. Hence the floors are used to store the water. Most of the water tanks are made of concrete walls and floors.
- Generally, the concrete is constructed using noncombustible material so that the flooring will not be affected by the fire. These flooring can be used in fire-threatening buildings and structures.
- Maintenance of concrete floor is so easy and the cost involved in this is also less. Just mob it frequently to make it clean and don’t apply too much pressure beyond its limit.
Though it has many advantages, there are certain disadvantages pushed out the concrete flooring in some spaces.
- In case any defects and dents are formed in the concrete flooring then it is difficult to repair.
- Insulation properties against the sound and heat are not at the satisfaction level.
- Finally, the patchwork may not satisfy most of the users.
Why do we need to do the patchwork? The concrete has characteristics of expansion and contraction based on the weather condition. Hence crack may form after the usage. If the crack is formed then it has to be repaired immediately so that able to increase its life of that. Since the weather conditions are not stable in Aurora, IL the concrete repairs in Aurora, IL is more important. There are many concrete repair procedures are existed and epoxy filling is one of the best methods among them.